1: Kambani S., (2004), The Status of Rare-earths in Zambia. Proceedings of the International workshop on Resource Science and Engineering Metals, August 25-27, 2004. Akita, Japan.
2: Kambani S., (2003), Small-scale mining and Cleaner Production issues in Zambia.
International Journal of Cleaner Production, Elsevier Science Press.
3: Kambani S., (2002), Analysis of Demand for Gemstones. Zambian Journal of Applied Earth Sciences, Vol. 15 No.1, p114-122. ISSN 1010-5913.
4: Kambani S, (2002), Approaches to Sustainable Environmental Management by Small-scale Mining in Developing Countries. Proceedings of the 1st Botswana International Conference on Mining. Printing and Publishing Company (Pty) Ltd. ISBN 999 12-950-6-2, p403-411.
5: Kambani S., (2000), “Policy and Strategy Options for Small-scale Mining Development in Zambia”. Minerals and Energy, 2000 Vol. 15 No. 3.
(a)BOOKS: (i) Underground Support Using Mine Wastes Material
Pub: Germany: PAL Lambert, 2011.
(ii) Predicting and Combating Mine Roadways
Deformation. Pub: Germany: PAL Lambert, 2012.
(b)ARTICLES ( in Journals and Proceedings)
Mutwa A. and Krishna, R., (2011) An experimental study on the suitability of using waste materials as mine back fill: A case study from Konkola copper mine, Zambia, International Journal , Mines, Metals and Fuels, Vol. 11, pp. 47-57.
Nashel,K. and Krishna, R., (2011) Rock Mass Characterization to Determine the appropriate support for Kanshanshi Decline, Solwezy, Zambia, International Indian Mining journal, Vol. 12, pp.32-40.
3. Krishna. R and Mwale Timothy, 2009, A New Approach to Monitor Mining Subsidence, University of Zambia Journal, volume 1 2009.
4. Banda U. Sraj and Krishna. R (2008), Rock Stability Design Using Geotechnical Parameters, Proceedings of International Symposium on Earth Science and Technology December, 2008, Nishijin, Japan.
5. Krishna, R. (2005). Mine Supports and Excavation Design, a short course on Blast and Mine Excavation Design, April 25 – 29, 2005, School of Mines, UNZA.
6. Krishna, R. (2005). Mine Supports. A Short Course on Gemology organized by Mine Sector Diversification Programme (MSDP), April 2005
7. Krishna R. and Mpande M.M. (2005). Research into the validity of Prediction methods of rockburst due to Mining 6th Int. Symposium on rockbust and seimicify the Australian Centre for Seismicity in Mines, March 9-11, 2005, (Accepted)
8 Krishna, R. and Mpande, M. (2005). Mineral Industry of Zambia: An Overview of the Forty years of its Independence, 40 years of Zambian History Workshop, January 24 – 25, 2005.
9. Besa, B. and Krishna, R. (2004). Rock Mechanics Basic Knowledge for Mine Operators. Mining Sector Diversification Programme (MSDP) Regional Workshop, October 8 – 10, 2004, Mulungushi International Centre.
10 Krishna,R. (2004). Rock Mechanics ,Satefy and Health Hazarads Basic Knowledge For Small-Scale Mine Operators. Mining Sector Diversitication Programme (MSDP) Regional Workshop, October 9 – 10, 2004. Holiday Inn.
11. Krishna, R., and Chanda M.W. 2003. Selection and testing of Ballast Stones for Underground Railway tracks, African Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 4.2 Dec 2003.
12 Krishna R. 2001 Brief review of Typical Commercial lasers and their out put characteristics: 3rd National workshop on Laser applications: held at the University of Zambia: sponsored by the Abdus salam Int. Centre for Theoretical Physical 2001.
13. Appolinary, M. and Krishna R. 2000: An improved approach to the room and pillar Design. A case study from Zambia. Int. Conf. On Mine Planning and Equipment Selection 2000: Proceedings of the 19th International Symposium held in Athens, Greece, 6-9 November 2000.
14. Krishna R. etal, 1999 Geotechnical Studies of Spillway at Kafue Gorge Dam: A case study. Int. Conf. On rock Engineering Techniques for site characterization, Oxford and IBH Publication Co Pvt. Ltd. 1999.
15. Krishna R. etal 1999 University Education: The key to National Development: Int. conf. On Global: Networking into the future: organized by Fundacion Para la Education superior int. and hosted by University of Veracruzana, Mexico. 2000.
16. Krishna R. 1999: Assessment and Abatment of Environment Impacts of Mine Effluents: A case study. Int. Conf. On Disaster Management, Gauhati, 1999.
17. Krishna R. and Chanda M.W. 1999: “University education: the key to national development”. Int. Seminar on Global Networking in the Future, fundacion Para La Education Superior International A.C. Veracruz, Mexico, April 25-28, 1999.
18 Krishna R. and Chanda M.W. 1998: “Environmental issues in Mining: an
International perspective”. Int. workshop on “Mining which way” (Proceedings under copmilication), School of Mines, UNZA, June 23-
19. Krishna R. 1997: “Assessment and Abatement of environmental impacts
of Mines: a case study from Zambia”. Int. Conf. On Disaster Management, Guwahati, Assam, India, April 23-26.
20 Krishna R. 1997. 1997 “Laser Hazards safety Programmes for Industrial
Application, 2nd National Workshop o the Physics and Modern applications of Lasers, University of Zambia (UNZA), Lusaka, Dec. 3-4, 1997.
21 Krishna R. 1997: “Effect of rock properties in drillhole deviation” course
material for senior operators and junior and middle Management Kitwe,
Zambia, November 22-23, 1997.
22. Krishna R. 1997 “The possibilities of Small Scale Mining Linkage between India and Zambia” Seminar on Indo-Zambia Relations, Pamodzi Hotel, Lusaka. November 7, 1997.
23 Krishna R. 1997 “Research on the Economic Design of Mine Ventilation System” 6th Int. Vent. Congress, Pittisburg, (U.S.A) May 17-12 1997.
24 Krishna R. 1996: Research on the Solution of Mine Ventilation Problems” 5th Int. Sym. On the Mine Planning and Equipment Selection MPES” SAO Paulo (Brazil) October 22-25, 1996.
25. Krishna R. 1996: “Applications of Laser in Mining and some associated problems”. First National workshop on the Physics and Modern applications of Lasers, University of Zambia, School of Natural Sciences, June 27-28, 1996.
26 Krishna R. 1996: “A New approach to the Estimation of Subsurface Strata movement, Int. Conf. On Mining and Metallurgy in a Changing Environment, Harare (Zimbabwe) June 3-5, 1996.
27. Krishna R. 1996: “Application of Laser Based Technology in Mining” 4th
Int. Workshop on the Physics and Modern applications of Laser. Khartoum (Sudan), January 6-13, 1996.
28. Krishna R. and Chanda M.W. 1995: “Rethinking in the optimization of
Stope Dimensions” Proceedings 8th International Congress on Rock Mechanics. Balkema Publishers, Holland, Sept 25-30 1995
29. Krishna R. 1994: “Mining and its Environmental Impact” corrective
measures proceedings short course on Environmental Education, School of Mines UNZA Lusaka, December 1994.
30 Kumar, L.A. and Krishna R. 1993: “Influence of Rock Properties and
Mining Factors on Ground Subsidence” The Mining Engineering (USA) annual trans. October 1993.
31. Krishna R.1993: “Low productivity in Indian coal Mines: Causes and
Curses” Proceedings National Seminar on problems and prospects of Indian Mining Industry: Current Status and Future Scenatio, REC Rourkella, April 1993, pp 100-106.
32 Krishna R. 1992: “Coal Mining in India,: Layouts and Extraction for Future
Mining” Proceedings Int. Sym. On Thick Seam Mining, CMRS, Dhanbad IBH Publishers, New Delhi, Nov. 1992 pp 29-35.
33. Krishna R. 1992: “Instrumentation for Underground Support
Requirements” Proceedings Int. Sym. On Roof Support Technology in Mine (RSMT). Oxford and IBH Publishers, New Delhi, May 1992 pp. 150-156.
34 Krishna R. 1992: “A new approach to the prediction of Mining
Subsidence” MGMI Periodical, vol. 88, No. 2. April 1992, pp. 45-55.
35. Krishna R. 1991: “Mining Techniques and Layouts for Minimising
subsidence and structural Damages”. Proceedings winter School on rock Mechanics and Ground Control Instrumentation for Safe Mining Operations, II Kharagpur, Dec. 1991, pp. 73-92.
36 Krishna R.1991: ”Determination of Rock Properties and its Relevance to
Mine Design”. Proceedings Winter School on Rock Mechanics and Ground Control Instrumentation for Safe Mining Operations, IIT Khargpur. December 1991, pp 31-37.
37. Krishna R. 1991:”Measurement of sub-surface Strata Behaviour in Board
and Pillar working” Mining Science and Technology (U.K.) Elserver Science Publishers, Amsterdam, December, 1991, pp. 337-349.
38. Krishna R. 1989: “The Current Knowledge on Ground subsidence”
Proceedings Underground Subsidence. CMRS Dhanbad, Dec. 1`998 pp 120 to 127.
39. Raju M.V.S. and Krishna R. 1989:” Geology and Geo-mechanics: Their
Role in Mining for increases Safety. MGMI Periodical Vol. 86, No. 2 October, 1989. pp. 114-120.
40. Krishna R. 1989: “The Current knowledge on Ground subsidence”
International seminar (held at CMRS, Dhanbad December – 1989).
41. Krishna R.1989:”Progress in Ground Control Instrumentation” Int. sym.
On underground Engineering, New Delhi, April 14-17, 1988. Oxford and IBJ (New Delhi) pp. 83-90.
42. Krishna R. 1989 : “Geology and Geo-mechanics: Their role in Mining for
increased Safety” MGMI Periodical (published in vol. 86, no. 2 October 1989).
43. Krishna R.1988:”Progress in Ground Control Instrumentation”
Proceedings Int. Smy. On Underground Engineering, New Delhi, Oxford and IBH (New Delhi) Publishers, April, 1988, pp 83-90.
44. Krishna R. 1988 “Recent Development in Coal Exploration Technique
using coal Drills: Journal of Mines metals and fuels, April 1988, pp 40-44.
45. Krishna R. 1988 : “Coal Mining Curses” “Causes and cures” National
Seminar on Industrial safety, Government Engineering College Bilaspur, March 19-20, 1988 pp. 27-32.
46. Krishna R. 1986 : “Modified Model Testing Technique for Ground
Movement studies” Int. sym on Engineering complex Rock Formation (ECRF), Beijing, China, November 3-7 1986 pp 210 –214.
47. Krishna R.1986 : “Rethinking in Laboratory Training. MINFEST, ITBHU
Varanasi, April 1986, pp 85-89.
48. Krishna R. 1986: “Coal Mines in 2000 A.D. looking into the future
National sym on Coal development and emerging materials, hydrabad, March 7-8 1986 pp 95-1000.
49. Krishna R. 1985: “Drillability in Coal measure Rocks: Recent
Investigations and Modern methods for improving Efficiency”. National Seminar on Drilling and Explosives, University of Jodhpur, Nov 1985, pp. 108-112.
50. Krishna R. 1985:”Longwall Mining in India Future Challenges and
Remedies” National Seminar coal Winning Technology, Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi, Feb, 3-5 1985, pp. 108-144.
51 Krishna R. 1985 : “Lapses in Laboratory learning” National Seminar on
Undergraduate Laboratory Experience quality improvement (QIP) programme. November 1985, IIT Kharagpur, pp 53-59.
52. Ramlu M.A. and Krishna R. 1982, “Reorganisation of Training and
Education for Middle level management” MGMI Trans., July 1982,pp. 37-49.
53. Dawe G., Krishna R. and Syhlzveski, A. 1975 “Recent Development in
the formation, support and stability of mine Roadways”. The Mining Engineer (U.K) May 1975 pp. 58-62.
54. Krishna R. and Whittaker B. N. 1973 : “Floor lift in Mine Roadways:
Recent Investigations and Modern Methods of control”. The Colliery Guardian (U.K. November 1973, pp 47-52.
1. Mutambo V.P (2010). Analysis of modern mechanism of breaking rock and methods of blast control for effective rock fragmentation: Journal of research in Engineering, vol. 7, No. 2. ISSN: 1597-8001
2. Mutambo V. P. (2008). Status and investment potential in the mining industry in Zambia: Mining Journal China, Volume 11, PP 15-17
3. Mutambo V.P. (2007). Challenges facing Zambia in managing environmental Degradation due to small scale mining activities: Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Environmental Research, Technology and Policy, Accra, Ghana. PP 41- 43
4. Mutambo V.P, Phiri J. (2006) Safety Management in the Mining Industry. The Zambian Engineer. Journal of the Engineering Institution of Zambia Volume 39, No.1, pp. 29- 35
5. Mutambo V.P., Phiri J (2004). Mining safety in underground and open pit mines: Proceedings of the National safety conference for small scale miners. Mulungushi International conference centre, Lusaka.
6. Mutambo V.P. (2002). Determinations of stress state of rocks around the extraction Chamber in the process of mining vertical and horizontal slices: Challenges facing the mineral industry in developing countries. Gaborone, Botswana. PP 22- 26
7. Sinkala T., Mutambo V.P. (2002). Difficulties in Managing Environmental impacts due to small scale mining. Zambia a case study. Seventh International Symposium on Environmental Issues and Waste Management in Energy and Mineral Production. Cagliari, Italy. PP 57 – 60
8. Mutambo V.P. (1997) Investigating nature and changes in stress state in the rock medium surrounding an excavation depending on its size and depth of mining Ukrainian scientific journal; Mining ore deposits. August 1997. Volume 64, No.2 pp. 43 – 46.
(a) Journal papers
1. Chanda, Emmanuel K. and Besa, Bunda (2011) ‘A computer simulation model of a monorail-based mining system for decline development’, International Journal of Mining, Reclamation and Environment, 25: 1, 52 — 68; Taylor & Francis Publishers; ISSN: 1748-0949 (electronic) 1748-0930 (paper);
2. Chanda, E. K. and Besa, B. (2009). ‘Design of pneumatic loading system for monorail application’, International Journal of Mining and Mineral Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp.181–203. ISSN (Online): 1754-8918 – ISSN (Print): 1754-890X.
(b) Referred conference papers
1. Besa B. and Chanda, E. K. (2012); Evaluation of low profile electric loader in conjunction with electric monorail haulage system in narrow vein mining. Paper to be presented at ‘Narrow Vein Mining Conference’ The AusIMM. 14 – 15 Feb. 2012, Perth, Western Australia (Reviewed and Accepted for Publication in February 2012);
2. Besa, B., Kuruppu, M., and Chanda, E. K. (2010). ‘Numerical modelling of monorail support requirements in decline development,’ Proceedings of the Nineteenth International Symposium on ‘Mine Planning & Equipment Selection (MPES 2010)’, The AusIMM, 1 – 3 December 2010, Fremantle, Western Australia.
3. Besa, B., Kuruppu, M., and Chanda, E. K. (2009). ‘Risk assessment and hazard control for the monorail load-haul-system’ Proceedings of the Eighteenth International Symposium on Mine Planning & Equipment Selection (MPES 2009), Publisher: The Reading Matrix Inc. Irvine, CA, USA. November 16–19, 2009, Banff, Alberta, Canada. Pg. 163-179. ISSN 1913-6528.
4. Chanda, E. K., Besa, B. and Kuruppu, M. (2008). ‘Design of a continuous monorail drilling system for decline development’ Paper presented at ‘The International Future Mining Conference’ 19 – 21 Nov. 2008, The University of New South Wales, The AusIMM, Sydney, Australia. pp 101 – 111. ISBN: 978 1 920806 910.
5. Chanda, E. K., and Besa, B. (2008). ‘Monorail technology – A rapid and cost effective method of decline development’ Paper presented at ‘Narrow Vein Mining Conference’ The AusIMM. 14 – 15 Oct. 2008, Ballarat, Central Victoria, Australia. pp 129 – 141. ISBN: 978 1 920806 897.
6. Chanda, E. K., Darcey, W., Kuruppu, M. and Besa, B. (2007). ‘Application Of Electro-Monorail Mine Haulage Systems In Underground Decline Development’ Proceedings of the Sixteenth International Symposium on Mine Planning and Equipment Selection (MPES 2007), 11 – 13 Dec. Bangkok , Thailand. pp 159 – 175. ISBN: 978 1 605603 261.
7. Besa B. (2001). ‘Environmental Impacts of Coal Mining on Land at Maamba Collieries Limited in Choma, Zambia’. Published in First Botswana International Conference on Mining, Published by; Printing and Publishing Company (Pty) Ltd, Botswana, November 2002. ISBN 99912–950–6–2. pp 321 – 330.
(c) Conference paper presentations
1. Besa B. (2005). ‘Safety issues in small-scale stone quarrying and crushing operations: A case study of dust problems in Lusaka, Zambia’ Paper presented at the “Mine Safety Congress Africa 2005” in Johannesburg South Africa (23 – 27th August 2005);
2. Besa B. and L. Banda (2004). ‘A study of dust exposure in stone quarrying and crushing operations of Lusaka.’ Paper presented at an International Conference on Safety and Health in Small-scale Mining. Workshop organized by Mining Sector Diversification Programme (MSDP) a European Union (EU) funded programme.
3. Besa B. (2003). ‘Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) procedures in mining industry’. Paper presented at the CDE International Conference on Small Scale Mining Environmental Management Workshop held at Courtyard Hotel, Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania. 17th – 21st November 2003.
4. Besa B. (2003). ‘Mine Closure and rehabilitation’. Paper presented at the CDE International Conference on Small-Scale Mining Environmental Management Workshop held at Courtyard Hotel, Dar-Es-salaam, Tanzania. 17th – 21st November 2003.
(a) Technical Report
1. Chanda, E. K., Kuruppu, M. and Besa, B. (2009). ‘Evaluation of Monorail Haulage in Metalliferous Underground Mining.’ Sponsored by ‘Minerals and Energy Research Institute of Western Australia’ (MERIWA), Client was Curtin University. Technical Report No. 276, Project No. M382. Crown Copyright. ISBN 1920981381.